- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined todayLauren Titone was our server. She was extremely helpful with our selections. Top notch service all the way. She was very knowledgeable about everything on the menu and her drawing on our desert plate was perfect. It was my lady’s first time there and she made the experience all the more special. Can’t wait to go back. The food was outstanding per usual! These guys never miss!More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - Baton RougePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•5
- DJDoctorJ240vipNew Orleans / Louisiana •54 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoThe food is great, and the staff are as good as they get. If you're ready for a superb dining experience, I strongly recommend Tchefuncte's. You'll leave there with a smile on your face.More infoTchefuncte'sPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Madisonville•4.8
- SSSteveSvipCentral Texas •80 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoSunday brunch; fabulous food (delicious seafood and traditional brunch fav’s) and great service -AND - Dixieland Jazz band. Perfect finale to a long Thanksgiving weekend with the familyMore infoJuban's Restaurant and BarPrice: Expensive• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Baton Rouge•4.7
- JOJONFDallas - Fort Worth •3 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023Outstanding food, service, and ambience. A must-visit destination for fine dining in the Hammond, LA area. The filet mignon, crispy oysters, desserts, -- excellent. The crispy oysters are the best fried oysters I've ever had and I spent 13+ years in LA. The Brussel sprouts are far and away the best I've had.More infoJacmel InnPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Hammond•4.6
- KPKristinPvipNew Orleans / Louisiana •5 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 12, 2023Wonderful brunch experience! Atmosphere on the patio was great and food was even better 😀More infoOne Thirteen RestaurantPrice: Expensive• American• Hammond•4.7
12 stellar special-occasion restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleanians mark time by food seasons, not calendar flips. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. Carnival season is all about sweet and savory king cakes. In other words, in a city that puts food at the center of its life—and not just the center of the table—eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events. Read on for a guide to the 12 best restaurants to book across New Orleans to get the party started.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Amite City offers a wonderful mix of classic Cajun fare and international cuisine. To start your day, you can find several great places serving Southern traditions like fluffy, buttermilk biscuits as well as local treats like beignets, a delicious combination of crisp, fried dough topped with powdered sugar. For lunch, local diners offer delicious seafood options as well as po' boys and muffaletta sandwiches. Some places offer a twist on the classic shrimp po' boy by topping it with roast beef, which will delight locals and tourists alike. Your culinary adventure continues with dinner, and Amite City is known for its great Mexican and Japanese restaurants. Several places provide something for everyone in the family, including an American-Asian fusion restaurant with both steak and sushi on the menu.