- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoAlways love Domenica’s hospitality, amazing food, and ambiance. Maxwell is a G!More infoDomenica$$$$Price: Moderate• Italian• Central Business District•4.5
- SSStacySNew York City •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoFun ambiance, great cocktails, wonderful service, and a phenomenal meal. We loved picking a variety of starters and getting to try them all. Perfect for sharing.More infoMeril$$$$Price: Moderate• Contemporary American• Warehouse District•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York City •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoBrennans was well advertised as a New Orleans institution and met our expectations. The food, in particular the gumbo, oyster j’aime and the pork porterhouse was very good. The famous bananas foster and the presentation were amazing. The service was a bit slow and one dish arrived a bit cold (the redfish which was still very good). Overall a great experience.More infoBrennan's$$$$Price: Expensive• Creole• French Quarter•4.7
- SPSadiePNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoEveryone was great! Doug came and talked with us a few times and made sure everything was to our liking. The food was phenomenal we had the bbq shrimp appetizer with the garlic bread(dip the bread in the sauce you wont regret it!), the cajun redfish with the crawfish sauce and garlic fries, the crab cakes and the sweet mashed potatoes and for dessert the crème brûlée (my personal favorite &one of the reasons i go there) and the white choc bread pudding. The portion sizes were good and we definitely left feeling fit to burst and satisfied! We had bad luck with service at other restaurants we’ve been to and MeMe’s was the first great service we’ve had in a really long time! Its definitely worth a visit and the money.More infoMeMe's Bar & Grille$$$$Price: Expensive• Steakhouse• Chalmette•4.7
- CcharlespNew Orleans / Louisiana •21 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 27, 2020We dined at English Turn on the night of their seafood buffet. It was outstanding and the service was great. We enjoyed the evening and look forward to future dining opportunities at English Turn Country Club! It is a hidden secret in the New Orleans area!More infoEnglish Turn Country Club$$$$Price: Expensive• American• West Bank•4.6
12 romantic restaurants ideal for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans knows how to treat its couples, whether that means a plush hotel lounge or a cozy family-owned favorite. For a chic first date, there’s a bar that pours 30 wines on tap. Anniversaries get an Amalfi Coast-inspired escape in a suave hotel. AI-powered art dials up the wow factor at an ultra-modern steakhouse. This guide pairs New Orleans restaurants with romantic occasions from first dates all the way to milestone anniversaries. These are New Orleans’s 12 best date-night restaurants.
12 stellar special-occasion restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleanians mark time by food seasons, not calendar flips. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. Carnival season is all about sweet and savory king cakes. In other words, in a city that puts food at the center of its life—and not just the center of the table—eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events. Read on for a guide to the 12 best restaurants to book across New Orleans to get the party started.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
Just down the river from New Orleans in St. Bernard Parish, you’ll find Chalmette, which means Creole, French and Cajun food reign supreme. You’ll have no trouble finding a po’boy shop. These famous sandwiches are served on light French bread and piled high with fried shrimp, oysters or catfish. If a po’boy is too casual, Chalmette has all kinds of family-friendly eateries featuring favorites like soft shell crabs, red beans and rice or jambalaya made with chicken and andouille sausage. For dessert, you won’t go wrong with a warm square of bread pudding.
Frequently asked questions
As of February 22, 2024 there is 1 restaurant in Chalmette. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Chalmette who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Chalmette either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Donna Villa Shopping Center
- Olde Towne Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East
- Lakewood Plaza Shopping Center
- Carolyn Park Shopping Center
- Norman Playground
- Clarion Inn New Orleans near Lakefront Arena
- Ye Ole Village Shopping Center
- Eastgate Shopping Center
- Read Plaza Shopping Center
- Comfort Suites New Orleans
- Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Refuge
- Days Inn New Orleans
- Marina Motel Chalmette
- Best Western Plus Chalmette
- Motel 6 New Orleans
- Chalmette Monument
- Spotts Monument
- Chalmette Cinema Shopping Center
- Meraux Plaza Shopping Center