Make a free reservation
Book for lunch today in Covington
Outdoor dining in Covington
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in Covington
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
If your preferred reservation time is not available through Open Table, please call the restaurant directly to check availability at (985) 276-4994.
Our dining experience is also available at the Bar. Bar seats are on a first come first serve basis.
Gallagher's Grill, located at 509 S Tyler St in Covington, La. Rated Four Stars by Tom Fitzmorris, "Mr Food". Serving USDA Prime and choice steaks, quail, lamb and the largest selection of fresh fish on the Northshore! Open for lunch Tuesday thru Friday and Dinner Tuesday thru Saturday.
Please call for reservations. Due to Covid - 19 restrictions online reservation will be suspended until further notice. 985-400-5668
Our hours of operation will be:
Sunday & Monday - closed
Tuesday - Thursday - 4 pm - 9 pm
Friday - 11 am - 9 pm
Saturday - 4 pm - 9 pm
Happy Hour - Tuesday - Friday 4 pm - 6 pm
1/2 price appetizers
1/2 price glasses of wine and specialty cocktails
New restaurants to OpenTable in Covington
See what locals rave about in Covington
- JTJoeTNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoWell, the first thing that was different was the reception desk is at the opposite side of the outside door which was the entrance for 'OX Lot 9'. The back of the chairs was not easy on your back, looked very nice. The Service was excellent. The food our group ordered was very good.More infoThe Gloriette$$$$• French American• Covington•4.6
- RGRyanGvipCharlotte •7 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoNicer Greek/Mediterranean place. The most fantastic hummus ever. Some fun cocktails and wine selections (Lebanon reds are great). Nice decor with a modern cozy vibe.More infoTavi$$$$• Israeli• Covington•4.7
- RKRichardKNashville •3 reviews5.0Dined on May 16, 2023Our Waiter (Seth) was exceptional and very attentive without being intrusive. Food was good and we enjoyed our visit.More infoMarcello's - Covington$$$$• Italian• Covington•4.8
- Aannb71157New Orleans / Louisiana •7 reviews5.0Dined on May 14, 2023We had a delightful lunch at del porto on Mother’s Day! I was so happy that I scored a reservation. Food was amazing and the service was on point. My favorite place to dine on the Northshore!More infoDel Porto Ristorante$$$$• Contemporary Italian• Covington•4.9
Restaurant experiences trending in Covington
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Covington
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 13 New Orleans restaurants
New Orleanians tend to mark time by food seasons rather than the standard calendar flip. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. In a city that puts food and drink at the center of its life and not just the center of the table, eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails shaken and stirred in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events and special occasions. These are the 15 best restaurants to book across the Crescent City for many different celebrations.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
With its French, Southern, and Caribbean influences, New Orleans truly has its own unique flavors and food culture. From Cajun and Creole dishes to soul food and French fare, the Covington area reflects these rich flavors that are steeped in Southern history. Gumbo and jambalaya are staples in Covington, as are rich dishes filled with creole seasonings and local proteins such as Andouille sausage and Gulf shrimp. What some call Gumbo's "spiced up cousin" is Crawfish Étouffee, a spicy Cajun favorite in the region. If you prefer to vary your dining options, you will also find excellent American, Italian, and Greek food here.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Covington is Dakota Restaurant - Covington
The best vegan restaurants in Covington are Tavi, The Gloriette and Gallagher's Grill
The best vegetarian restaurants in Covington are Tavi, The Gloriette and Del Porto Ristorante
The restaurants with the best service in Covington are Dakota Restaurant - Covington, Annadele's Plantation and Desi Vega Steakhouse Covington
The restaurants with the best ambiance in Covington are Dakota Restaurant - Covington, Annadele's Plantation and Desi Vega Steakhouse Covington
- Saint Tammany Parish Fairgrounds
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington
- Hilton Garden Inn Covington/Mandeville
- Insta Gator Ranch
- Magees Creek Water Park
- Goodyear Park
- Hillcrest Golf Course
- Division of Saint John Historic District
- Holiday Inn Covington
- Mississippi Agricultural And Forestry Experiment Station
- Comfort Suites Mandeville
- Hampton Inn Covington/Mandeville
- Bogue Chitto National Wildlife Refuge
- Holiday Inn Express Covington-Madisonville
- Pearl River County Game Refuge
- Ucm Museum
- Cassidy Park
- Staybridge Suites Covington
- Bogue Falaya Park
- Avenue B Baseball Park