- JLJamesLvipNew Orleans / Louisiana •19 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoOnce again my meal was outstanding and cooked to order. My waitress Michelle was outstanding! Rock star status!! Thanks for the “Happy Birthday”.More infoGallagher's Restaurant on FrontPrice: Expensive• Steak• Slidell•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023We went to Brennans for a New Years dinner as well as a late celebratory dinner for my 2 year olds birthday dinner. I had a 2 year old, a 6 year old and my spouse present. My children were fairly noisy, and playful and the wait staff were very friendly and helpful as well as brought them cotton candy and treats to the table. I never felt uncomfortable having children present for fine dining, and had a great dinner experience. The traditional cabbage and black eyed pea single bite appetizer spoons were delicious, even my 6 year old loved it. My waitress was a sweet younger woman originally from New England, She wore glasses and I hate that I can’t remember her name, but she was very soft spoken and sweet and made the experience much more enjoyable. We will be back to try the 2nd quarter menu but this time as an adults only New Orleans vacation.More infoBrennan'sPrice: Expensive• Creole• French Quarter•4.7
- LLLisaLvipNew Orleans / Louisiana •13 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Thoroughly enjoyed!! Delicious food!!More infoPalmettos on the BayouPrice: Moderate• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Northshore•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerLas Vegas •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Wonderful service and ambience. All of the food was good and most excellent. We were at Jazz Brunch and the musicians were excellent and definitely added to the experience. Absolutely would recommend to anyoneMore infoAntoine'sPrice: Expensive• Creole• French Quarter•4.4
- FOFamilyOutingvipNew Orleans / Louisiana •11 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 7, 2020This is a great spot for a variety of food. Making a reservation was easy and the staff was very engaged and attentive.More infoBJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse - SlidellPrice: Moderate• American• Slidell•4
12 stellar special-occasion restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleanians mark time by food seasons, not calendar flips. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. Carnival season is all about sweet and savory king cakes. In other words, in a city that puts food at the center of its life—and not just the center of the table—eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events. Read on for a guide to the 12 best restaurants to book across New Orleans to get the party started.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Slidell showcases the rich culture of Southern Louisiana in its activities, attractions and cuisine. Local fishermen and shrimpers supply the majority of the seafood for Slidell's cafes and restaurants, which means an ample supply of Gulf area shrimp, oysters, and seasonal crawfish to flavor Cajun and Creole dishes like gumbo, jambalaya, and po'boy sandwiches. Slidell casts a wider net with its local kitchens that cater to diners with diverse tastes. Mexican, Italian, Japanese and Chinese mingle with quick American spots serving burgers, pizza and sandwiches. Deep in Cajun Country, Slidell offers activities and food that allow locals and tourists to sample bits of Louisiana and world cultures.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Slidell is Gallagher's Restaurant on Front
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Slidell-New Orleans East
- Woodridge Bed and Breakfast of Louisiana
- Wingate Slidell New Orleans
- Lakewood Shopping Center
- Fort Pike State Historic Site
- Pearl River State Wildlife Management Area
- Super 8 Slidell
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Slidell
- Days Inn Slidell
- Hampton Inn Slidell
- Sleep Inn Slidell
- Hancock County Welcome Center
- Big Branch Marsh National Wildlife Refuge
- Motel 6 New Orleans - Slidell
- Oak Harbor Golf Club
- Deluxe Motel Slidell
- Best Western Plus Slidell
- Euro Inn & Suites of Slidell
- Midtown Square Shopping Center
- La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell