French Quarter Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Available for dinner now in French Quarter
Outdoor dining in French Quarter
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in French Quarter
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners & national & local food critics alike. Executive Chef Mike Nelson ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe & featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness & quality are some of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily. GW Fins has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune, Food & Wine, Southern Living, & Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
RESERVATION POLICY: Reservations requiring a credit card are subject to a $10/person fee as a result of no call-no show, or if not cancelled before 4:00pm central time on the reservation date.
Our cuisine is country French and Italian with a New Orleans influence. Although a majority of our seating is available for walk-in guests we do take reservations. While you wait we have a piano player and serve cocktails. We look forward to serving you.
"Love and Cuisine, Sempre con Passione"
Welcome to Brennan's for dining Thursday-Monday. Our menus marry classic Creole traditions with inspired, contemporary influences. Breakfast at Brennan’s is a spirited, indulgent way to begin your day! Bubbles at Brennan's Happy Hour features discounted bottles of premium Champagne. Flaming Bananas Foster, invented at Brennan's, is a timeless New Orleans tradition. Dine in one of 8 glamorous dining rooms, our famously lush courtyard, or our spectacular wine cellar. $8 parking available at the Omni Royal Orleans Parking Garage, Thursday - Monday (6 hours; based on availability).
*Smart Casual attire is preferred. Collared shirts are required for male guests in dining room. No flip-flops/sandals/slides, active/swimwear, or ball-caps will be allowed in main dining area.
*Reservations are strongly suggested.
*Restaurant patrons are eligible for validated parking within Solaris Parking Garage
Located in the heart of the French Quarter, on the corner of Jackson Square, Tableau is Dickie Brennan's latest production and features traditional Creole dishes with an updated approach. Enjoy courtyard dining, as well as balcony dining with some of the best views in the Quarter. Please be advised that our balcony is undergoing renovations at this time but we hope you enjoy our beautiful courtyard!
Now, the unique venue will once again open its doors to serve classic local fare like Turtle Soup, Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes and BBQ Shrimp using the freshest, locally-sourced seafood and produce. While many restaurants tout “fresh and local”, Sbisa means it, as the Napoli family owns their own seafood dock and distribution business in Hopedale, Louisiana.
New restaurants to OpenTable in French Quarter
See what locals rave about in French Quarter
- STSTACEYPSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoOne of the BEST restaurants in the Quarter! Since they opened I go there EVERY time I come back home!More infoRestaurant R'evolution$$$$• Creole / Cajun / Southern• French Quarter•4.7
- MGMichelleGMemphis / West Tennessee •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Service was exceptional! Food was delicious. Try the pork belly; it is fantastic. The scallops are delicious, and the vanilla ice cream is so good.More infoGW Fins$$$$• Seafood• French Quarter•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023We went to Brennans for a New Years dinner as well as a late celebratory dinner for my 2 year olds birthday dinner. I had a 2 year old, a 6 year old and my spouse present. My children were fairly noisy, and playful and the wait staff were very friendly and helpful as well as brought them cotton candy and treats to the table. I never felt uncomfortable having children present for fine dining, and had a great dinner experience. The traditional cabbage and black eyed pea single bite appetizer spoons were delicious, even my 6 year old loved it. My waitress was a sweet younger woman originally from New England, She wore glasses and I hate that I can’t remember her name, but she was very soft spoken and sweet and made the experience much more enjoyable. We will be back to try the 2nd quarter menu but this time as an adults only New Orleans vacation.More infoBrennan's$$$$• Creole• French Quarter•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerLas Vegas •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Wonderful service and ambience. All of the food was good and most excellent. We were at Jazz Brunch and the musicians were excellent and definitely added to the experience. Absolutely would recommend to anyoneMore infoAntoine's$$$$• Creole• French Quarter•4.2
- OTOpenTable DinerAustin •7 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We went there for New Year's day brunch. It was fabulous the jazz band on Sunday is this so good this is such a great place to visit. We come here every time we go to New Orleans highly recommend it.More infoArnaud's$$$$• Creole• French Quarter•4.6
Restaurant experiences trending in French Quarter
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in French Quarter
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 13 New Orleans restaurants
New Orleanians tend to mark time by food seasons rather than the standard calendar flip. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. In a city that puts food and drink at the center of its life and not just the center of the table, eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails shaken and stirred in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events and special occasions. These are the 15 best restaurants to book across the Crescent City for many different celebrations.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
Discover French Quarter
The French Quarter of New Orleans is one of the oldest neighborhoods in the U.S., renowned for its party atmosphere and delectable food. Creole and Cajun menu staples, including jambalaya, crawfish etouffee and gumbo are on the menu, but there are so many more tastes to sample in the French Quarter. Nestled on The Quarter's many side streets, you'll find many oyster bars and quaint coffee houses. You can also visit one of the many corner grocery stores, most of which feature small kitchens in the back. These hidden gems typically serve up delicious cheeseburgers, homemade mac and cheese, and the two most famous sandwiches in the Big Easy: muffulettas and po boys. For dessert, you can grab a freshly made beignet or authentic praline and take a walk along the banks of the Mississippi River.
Frequently asked questions
Dog friendly restaurants in French Quarter include Antoine's, New Orleans Creole Cookery and Brennan's
Child friendly restaurants in French Quarter include Red Fish Grill, Brennan's and Hard Rock Cafe - New Orleans
- Old Absinthe House
- Washington Artillery Park
- French Quarter Luxury Two-Bedroom Penthouse 401
- Louis Armstrong Park
- St Louis Cemetery No
- Liberty Monument
- Maison Dupuy Hotel
- Preservation Hall
- Bienville House Hotel
- Hyatt French Quarter
- Bourbon Street
- Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- Nine-O-Five Royal Hotel
- Inn on St. Ann, a French Quarter Guest Houses Property
- Hotel St. Marie
- Audubon Cottages
- French Quarter Luxury Suite 202
- Canal Place Shopping Center
- Hotel Mazarin
- Aquarium of The Americas