Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Balancing flavor in food is always a journey and a work of art. To create food alchemy is to get in touch with the ingredients, feel the little creative nudges, follow your instincts, take risks, have courage and just allow.
At Buffalo Dreamer, Chef Rebecca Christensen is a relentless perfectionist, pursuing harmony in American cuisine as she brings together food flavors and recipes from absolutely everywhere.
We believe in supporting our local artisans and staying connected to our Black Hills community. At a time when the area is growing and expanding, we are striving to keep the flavor of the region alive.
Inspired by the history of this area, both the aesthetics of the building and the diversity of the menu are true to our local roots, something no nation-wide franchise can duplicate. Certainly, there are other steakhouses out there, but none like ours.
From the first design to the actual construction, we have focused on creating a balance between upscale dining and a casual atmosphere-crafting a chic steakhouse where the kids are welcome too.
The rest is easy-buy the very best meat possible and prepare it correctly.
Named "Best Restaurant in South Dakota" 2015 by Business Insider
Minervas has been an icon for outstanding food and impeccable service. Guests rave about the diversely delicious menu, featuring everything from in-house aged steaks to ocean fresh seafood to classically authentic pasta.
Minervas’ highly regarded reputation continues to make the restaurant a favorite for celebrating special occasions. We've also served our share of famous visitors including presidents, movie stars, musicians, politicians and celebrities.
- JCJessicaCSouth Dakota •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoIt was my first time dining at Dakota Steakhouse. The restaurant is beautiful, the service was impeccable, and the food was absolutely delicious. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. We will definitely be returning.More infoDakotah Steakhouse$$$$Price: Moderate• Steakhouse• Rapid City•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerOrlando / Central Florida East •1 review5.0Dined on Feb 14, 2024We LOVE the indecision experience; what a great night with wonderful, creative food.More infoTally's Silver Spoon$$$$Price: Expensive• American• Rapid City•4.8
- TETomESouth Dakota •1 review5.0Dined on Feb 14, 2024Great experience, everything was delicious! Especially love, the 609 burger, cooked perfectly, and was absolutely delicious.More infoDelmonico Grill$$$$Price: Expensive• American• Rapid City•4.4
- KCKathyCvipOrange County •26 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 13, 2024Wonderful dinner! Had a small blip with my steak but it was whisked away and promptly re- cooked with many apologies. Service by Anna was exceptional and our food was delicious. Highly recommend.More infoSear Black Hills Steakhouse$$$$Price: Expensive• Steakhouse• Rapid City•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerLas Vegas •3 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 3, 2024Great server Zack. Jake Burger was amazing. Wife liked her gluten free and kids were happyMore infoMurphy's Pub and Grill$$$$Price: Moderate• Gastro Pub• Rapid City•4.5
Discover Rapid City
Rapid City is the perfect launching pad for visiting Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Deadwood, the Badlands, and the Black Hills. The other thing Rapid City has going for is its inviting restaurant scene. Rapid has a long list of steakhouses where the chefs are classically trained and can fix the perfect steak. Many of the restaurants feature buffalo steaks or prime rib and buffalo burgers. In addition to steaks and buffalo, you’ll find family-friendly restaurants offering classic comfort foods. If you’re feeling more experimental, however, sample their international cuisine. Options include French, Italian, Mexican, and even traditional Indian and Nepalese dishes.
Frequently asked questions
- Badlands Wall
- South Dakota School of Mines And Technology Geology Museum
- Mush Creek Pumping Station
- Mammoth Site of Hot Springs
- Four Mile Old West Town
- Lacroix Links Golf Course
- John T Vucurevich Cancer Care Institute
- Legion Lake
- Journey Museum
- Deerfield Lake Recreation Area
- Sylvan Lake
- Crazy Horse Monument
- Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City
- Renegade Log Cabin
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Rapid City
- Hotel Alex Johnson Rapid City, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Crazy Horse Memorial
- Bower Shankland Field
- Roosevelt Park