- JjackievipNew Orleans / Louisiana •11 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoA wonderful neighborhood restaurant- a bit too noisy at times but food and service always good.More infoJunior’s on HarrisonPrice: Moderate• American• Lakeview/Gentilly•4.7
- JJamesNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoEXCELLENT! Food, service, atmosphere! It all adds up to (can't wait to go again)More infoDesi Vega's Seafood and SteaksPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Metairie•4.8
- LMLoisMvipPittsburgh / Western PA •19 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Enjoyed dinner on New Years Day and enjoyed the experience. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was excellent. I enjoyed the brown butter fish and my husband had the special fish. The staff gave us the back story of the mural on the wall and it was fascinating and fun. I would recommend Ralph’s on the Park for any occasion.More infoRalph's on the ParkPrice: Expensive• Creole• Mid-City / City Park•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Seating and front staff efficient and friendly. No waiting on table. Waiter was prompt friendly and attentive. He couldnt do enough for us. When lobster was overcooked. It was immediately returned and came back cooked perfect. Food was excellent. Cocktails perfect.More infoLandry’s Seafood House – New Orleans Lake PontchartrainPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Lakeview/Gentilly•4.4
- BFBFCTAXSERVICESNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great food great atmosphere! This is my 2nd time there and I love itMore infoMonday Restaurant + BarPrice: Expensive• American• Mid-City / City Park•4.5
12 stellar special-occasion restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleanians mark time by food seasons, not calendar flips. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. Carnival season is all about sweet and savory king cakes. In other words, in a city that puts food at the center of its life—and not just the center of the table—eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events. Read on for a guide to the 12 best restaurants to book across New Orleans to get the party started.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.